Epic!!! Monica vs. Brandy

My 2 or more cents that nobody asked for.

*takes deep breath*

First of all, they are both amazingly talented, beautiful black mothers doing their thing!!

Many of us grew up with their music.

Brandy represents all that we thought or dreamed of (life, love, etc.) as kids. I think it has a lot to do with how her image was molded from the start of her career—she stuck to it. That's a part of who she is. It's not fake.

Monica represents who you are as an adult, who has survived everything that meant to shut her down. She's a "PK" too..so, the older she got, the less she cared about your opinions or views of her -and it shOws! Baby speaks unapologetically and without edit. In a world like this, we love to see it!

We love both! But, Monica appears to be more relatable. Some will say that's sad, some will just hush and respect the differences.😅

Now, Brandy's voice.. Whew! The girl be spittin'!! She petty, but her voice is untouchable. I sang in the sunshine band growing up but would nevvvva challenge those "money runs". Neva. That's not my ministry and I'm cool with that.😂

We could tell that they aren't thee fondest of each other. The moment they greeted and hugged at the start of the live was just weird. May it be because moments before the battle, "The Boy is Mine" was removed from Monica's streaming list, only being available under Brandy's name. Or..maybe it was unresolved issues accumulated over the years that didn't get any attention until moments before the battle (per Monica on the live battle) Chile, who knows! I just know it was like seeing your favs on the screen, but your excitement exceeded the vibes between the two, together. 😕🙆🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️

Annnywhooo.. Kudos to them both for giving us so much black girl magic in the midst of a pandemic while using the platform to encourage voting.

I don't know about y'all, but this was thee BEST DISTRACTION I've had all summer long. I smiled, hyped them both up and "Annn ioOp!" the whole 3 years long that it streamed! So nostalgic!💫

*catches breath*

Lastly, Brandy's sense of fashion was dope to me. Personally, I dress my personality or mood. I like designer, but all designer doesn't have to be bold and blunt. Some prefer subtlety. Either way, respect the differences in expressions and find a bit of peace in seeing your kind on the screen fully clothed and paid!

*K, bye. Typing this took up my whole lil 15 minute break* 🙄

We love y'all, both. ♥️

#iLoveUs #Brandy #Monica #Brands #Music #Image #Building #BlackWomen #BGM 🔥👏🏾

Comments

Popular Posts