Fight

*Try to read it all, it's worth it*

So, overall my daughter has been involved in soccer, tennis & track. Out of the 3, soccer is her highest area of skill/interest, it's her fav sport. Recently, boxing has been of interest. Not because of the bullying that we dealt with this year per se, but as a confidence/discipline builder and a way to help suppress a lot of unseen thoughts/feelings that a lot of kids deal with. They don't always know how to deal as adults do. As my Pastor so eloquently stated yesterday, "The things that we don't fight and conquer, are passed down to our children to battle. They may not be built like you to withstand life, so as you deal, they won't have to" Man, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I've been dealing, conquering with Jesus in front of me and I don't plan on stopping beyond the finish. My daughter is MY legacy, and I'll die trying to prepare her the best I can. This world is a monster.. Nothing nice about it. At an early age, she already genuinely reverences God.. I love it. It's not forced either. I didn't want to do that to her. What's forced isn't authentic & lacks substance to withstand adversity.
Today's scriptures we meditated on were the following :


🎖But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lordlooks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
🎖For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14
🎖You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you.
Song of Solomon 4:7


But how many know, that it's 'gon take more than a scripture & a shout to last.... Don't be fooled..To the Parents, I encourage you to keep pouring into your kids. But more importantly, fight and win your OWN inwardly battles first, so that the chains can be broken.

#MayaAndMommy #MommyAndMeMondays #ShareIfYoudLike #Encourage #Confidence #Balance #Uplift

Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts