Love-a-by, Lullaby. Love.

 
While flipping through channels so desperately looking for something good to watch on cable (which is crazy to me)..I came across the movie Just Wright http://www.foxsearchlight.com/justwright/ . Queen Latifah & Musical Artist Common shared the screen as they embarked upon an unplanned epiphany of what love is. We all have different ways to express ourselves; whether it's through affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service or physical touching--all of which are the 5 languages of love. I saw that truths, friendship, quality time and communication was the foundation of their love. Which--ironically in this day and age, I see those attributes struggling to surface and stay afloat after intimacy (the struggle).

 
Growing up, I was never the girl who daydreamed of love, weddings, or any of the mushy stuff--it just wasn't appealing to me. And from time to time, how it was depicted on the big screens--it never matched up with reality. The television showed that love was intimacy, money and gifts. In real life, I saw that those very things caused the most grief and pain ever--so I strayed away from all feelings of attachment. Stuck between the depiction and reality of what love was, made me decide to stay away from it until I fully understood it..or felt extremely close to it.

"Time don't go back, it go forward..Can't run from the pain, go towards it..Some things can't be explained, what caused it?" - Lyrics from Rap Artist/Mogul, Shawn Carter
 
In my mid-20's I realized that love wasn't about intimacy, money or gifts. It isn't about the things that  get boring, run out or lose value..no, that's not love. I learned that love is God. Huge statement, I know..especially for those who have different religious preferences. But, to me..God is love, and in order to give love--we have to experience it first to understand it. What better source is there to feel and learn what love is, other than the One who created you?
 
Watching this movie, amongst other occurences really awakened my desire to fully know love. It's beautiful, and the Biblical defintion of what it is, will have you questioning your own words, choices and actions.
 
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
  Love is patient, love is kind.
 It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 
 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking,
 it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices  with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,  always hopes, always perseveres.
 
****Who truly loves like the description above??!***
 
I can honestly say that I'm yet to love perfectly..you can keep lieing to yourself if you want to, but true growth and progress sprouts from truth, confession & profession. When reading this verse, which I see spread across all sites from time to time..it always, always makes me reevaluate the way I treat people--the way I love. To give love, you must understand it. To understand it, you must seek God's love 1st in order to reflect it.. 
I sought afterit and I'm still currently dileberately losing myself in the meaning on love, I desire to breathe love--to be love.






 
 1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
 
 
It's a gift, love is oxygen. Don't suffocate yourself.

Find out which Language of Love you speak
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

Comments

Popular Posts