Luke James - I Want You

"If I don't feel it, I can't do it. Music is everything to me."
-Luke James
Luke James

I've fallen in love already with "I Want You" but there's more to hear on his website, as well as www.youtube.com (simply search for Luke James...go get mesmerized after this read.) 

So, if  you weren't already familiar and you're inquiring--let's talk about who* Luke James is. As a lover of all things lyrics, beats & rhythm--the 1st time I heard his voice--I fell in love with his creativity & the orginality in his tone. I noticed him while watching a segment of Bishop T.D Jakes' new show (Mind, Body & Soul http://www.bet.com/shows/td-jakes-mind-body-and-soul.html )on BET one Sunday morning. Sitting amongst some Veterans in the Acting and Music Industry--he stood stood out significantly. It's not because he has impeccable, smooth brown skin and a flawless, oh so charming smile..no, honestly it's not just..that, lol. He appeared to be very laid back, smooth and very articulate. I think I was drawn to him because of his raw honesty regarding dating, itimacy, what men look for/expect, etc. It was kind of funny because sitting amongst him was the Artist/Singer Keith Sweat--who was answering all audience questions so eloquently; then there was Luke, who spoke with freedom and honesty, lol. I didn't know he was an artist until further along into the segment when he performed. I was sitting with a male friend at that time and all of my attention was snatched by this amazing voice..I became a fan of Luke James at that very moment.

"He's a singer/songwriter who truly embodies the honesty and fresh, organic soulfulness that's been in relatively short supply of late in contemporary music. However, the New Orleans native is very much up to the task. In fact, you've no doubt heard his work: he co-wrote Chris Brown's "Crawl" and has penned songs for Justin Bieber ("That Should Be Me") and Britney Spears ("Kill The Lights"), among others. And his growing fan base includes none other than Beyoncé, who selected James to appear in her "Run the World" videonow"
http://www.mtv.com/artists/luke-james/biography/

This isn't his only piece--there's more! Make sure you look him up and fall in love for your own reasons...with the oh-so-amzing, charming & talented Luke James.


Comments

Popular Posts