Ooooh Chile! Pray For Those Who Persecute You


There was a situation that came about where my child offered to pray for someone. Ironically, at the time--it was someone I had few to zero cares or concerns about.. So, it should be understood why I had a dumb expression when she volunteered me to pray with her..FOR this individual. As the individual listened, you could hear them snickering..quite amused they were because they were aware of every reason that I felt I had NOT to pray for them.. I was HOT.. but I silently asked God to forgive me for feeling that way, before I agreed to open my heart, mind and mouth to....to PRAY.

Out of the mouth of Babes...oh they KNOW.

Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them.
Romans 12:14


 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:43-48


Me being the type of person I am..
I know when a person is being genuine, and when there's a motive.
I can easily decipher (now) what is real..
I know when insecurities speak through de-motivational speach/actions
I can easily decipher (now)  way more than I could ever see/understand before...
A person's intentions are (now) vividly shown across their face & through their actions (metaphorically speaking)..
With growth, experience, the prayers of others and the prayers from myself requesting a Change*.. has taught me alllll of this..
YET, I will still pray for you even if you mean me no good.
(this wasn't easy..but it does your conscious & character some good when you can do this)

I may not rock with you as tough anymore--but believe that I'm still praying.
Everyone is hurting some type of way.
But don't allow your bad experiences to purposely create a pothole for the next persons happiness/success..
Because at the end of the day, if you do..you're really digging a hole..for yaself.

Peace!
Have a great work week. I hope the post did something for you as it did for me.

 

Comments

Popular Posts