Target Employee Forced To Work Thanksgiving Night

"We have heard from our guests that they want to shop following their Thanksgiving celebrations rather than only having the option of getting up in the middle of the night," Target said in a statement. "Target will offer holiday pay to all hourly team members who work on Thanksgiving Day."

One of Target's Employees was outraged that he had to work on Thanksgiving night because he'd have to be away from his Fiance.. Umm... really?!?  I'd rather you spend the day with me and the fam and go work (if  you have to) to support our family. Is that not what the Man is supposed to do? Provide, protect & support? I understand tradition and all. But if  you're not a CEO, you look good tending to that good schedule provided. 40 hours, any hours is better than no hours and 40-60% of your earnings coming in weekly.

I vividly remember working in a call center environment a few years back on Thanksgiving AND Christmas..Single Mother of one..what??? Yes, of course I wanted to be with my baby at the time, but we needed money.. And I went out, clocked in, and talked to aggravating customers to earn a paycheck so that we could live how I wanted us to live. It's too much crying going on in the world right now to complain about actually GETTING HOURS!  People need to be thankful that they have a job. Maybe its just my work ethic..it ain't nothing to play with. I could be terminated tomorrow and I'd bet my bottom dollar that I'd be employed within a week, or staying productive and resourceful to keep money rolling in. Rather it be stocking groceries, telemarketing or clocking in at 11PM on the Eve of Black Friday at TARGET, what! A Job is a JOB. WORK it, until you walk into your Career!

Comments

Popular Posts