But I Had A PRAYING Grandmother



This song. I heard this song so much growing up, it touched me every time. We all may not share the same testimony as Helen Baylor, but we all have our own testimony. We all have a story; a time when we should've died, but He spared us, a time when everything was supposed to be snatched away, but He spared you.. Or maybe a time where everyone you thought was in your corner--disappeared, no where to be found when you were down. Maybe there was a situation where you made quick come up..but failed to think about the quick downfall that comes with the fast lifestyle. A time when you should've gotten 25 to life, but a Praying family members cries reached God & He chose to oblige. I mean, I could sit here and type up a list of possibilities, cause/affect situations and how God ended up sparing you. The point is, this song always makes me think.. It always makes me grateful.. I grew up around nothing but Pastors, Missionaries, Evangelist, etc. etc.. It never really crossed my mind until I grew older of how lucky..*scratch that*..of how Blessed I was to be covered underneath prayers. It's plenty that we are saved from on a daily basis. So if you have any complaints, scratch that..no one wants to hear that anyway. Things could be worse--you could have died 15 minutes ago.. Someones prayers are always being sent up for you. If you have a praying Grandmother, or any family member who's adamant and consistent with their faithfulness to God--you look good showing more appreciation to them.

Favor will only take you so far, but faith & works will blow you past all the unecessary mess, directly into a peaceful state...

Hope this post helped or touched you, like it did for me.


Comments

  1. So true...We'er living off prayers that was prayed centuries ago by our ancestors; even intercessors who prayed in the Spirit not directly knowing us but prayed tirelessly. How about Jesus Himself in John 17. 20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you." Amen!!! -Mom-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I heard this song it gives me chills. I know how hard my grandmother prayed for my whole family. If I hear this song I never turn from it. This is some real stuff!

    Thanks She she!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts