____Step Out On It____

Word To Wale, "New Love Is Beautiful--It's The Timing That's Ugly"
I fought the past for so long, it had my vision so fuzzy
I'm beautiful, inside & out, but my flaws still bugged me
Could an individual see past all the mess & yet they still love me??
Polo stained with dirt, from the past heart break that notoriously drug me
Hands covered my face, but the dust still touched me
My Heart; Heavily Sedated
My Time; So Preciously Wasted
Delusional, some would say..but my emotions were all faded
Refrained from bitterness, but my ways almost strayed & became jaded
Baddest Suede Pumps in the game...stained for life from the tears & pain that fell upon them
Outsiders looked in, all they seen was a Pretty Picture--Nice Frame..
Although internally, I felt confused & condemned--but I KEPT a smile, no details for them.. 
I even cried out to God..
Lord Please Deliver Me From Bee
Grant Me A New Perspective, Toss Down A Hint Of Serenity
From Fear, Break The Shackles--I Want To Be FREE
Scared to look forward, because I was steadily looking into the rearview
So, to a cliff I had driven, without even noticing
Burning eyes, stained face, shirt, shoes and all..
Without the slightest expectations in mind
All I knew was that it felt like the worst timing--just ugly
Never knew the end would become a beautiful beginning..
Who would've fathomed that I was in such a rush for dust
Yet I still ended up WINNING
8 feet away from the edge, I sat in silence
As I Decided What My Next Move Would Be
The next move had to be the best move. Point of no return. No looking back. If I choose you, I can't lose.
Anxious, nervous, plus all of the above..but before I lept
A voice whispered so kindly, so gentle--so meek
"Preparation Is Everything...", my conscious spoke out to me
Synced & Agreed..But
It all happened so fast..so hazardously, I was blasting from the Past to a harmonious Present state
Feeling like I'm on another planet, lets call it MarRs, with two R's... :-)
Courage has increased, it's too large, invincible--I'll call it fate
Within a blink, fear bounced back, it failed to penetrate
Embarking into the unknown, my Future is near
Smiling eyes, fretful heart, but..I'm ready--le' go.
I'd Rather Leap Out In Preparation & Faith, Than To Stand Still In Fear...



Dedicated to Someone Special...but most importantly--its to all of my folks living in fear, be bold and take that leap. Just do it all in faith, works & preparation. I doubt that you'll fall, but if you did..you'd land on both feet, knowing you tried.


copyright © 2011 Sheena Benson

Comments

  1. Damn Ma this is Hot, all of it so relatable, and all so real. U got a gift!! u still my Mz RocaWear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Thank You So Much!!! By the name "Mz RocaWear", I think I know who this is..but you didn't leave your name. But Thank you so much. Glad that you enjoyed it.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts