Isolation

Before my Father passed away from Lung Cancer last year, he shared allot of insightful things with me. He said, "You may not like it, but isolation is good for your soul, and your future." At the time, I thought I understood what he was saying. It wasn't until I viewed a video that my brother made with him talking & laughing in his last days. He had a 40 in his right hand, and his left hand was smacking his knee--he was full of joy & laughter that day. He pretty much told us how he was going to die, the events that would take place before he left us. He said, "I'm going to tell y'all a story". He was always the life of every party, and we loved to hear these unbelievable, life-sized tales of his.

He spoke on a "man", who went into the fields of isolation. He was alone, with no one else around to talk to. And while he was in the fields of "isolation", he had time to think on all of the bad things he'd done within his life. The people that he hurt, left, abandoned, etc.. he had time to reflect on it all. He said, "and he was remorseful, he regretted it." But after being isolated, being shown his wrongs and having time to reflect & regret, he repented--finally broke down and told God that he was sorry, and to please forgive him. At that point, watching that video made me tear up. He was a TRANSPARENT, Proud Green Beret Veteran. He didn't give two seconds of caring about your opinion of him, or how he lived his life. In this video, he said that God forgave him, was appreciative of his isolated time spent with him and would grant him into the kingdom.

After that video, he definitely isolated himself. We didn't hear from him at all. When I found him in his apartment..he was just as he said he'd be..in isolation, cold, but content. R.I.P Pops.

It wasn't easy to share this, but after viewing the video over and over, I caught how he slipped in that story of isolation.. Sometimes its good to be by yourself. All of your weaknesses & strengths are revealed in those times. You don't always have to be surrounded with people. Isolate yourselves every now & then..and work on YOU.

Comments

  1. Shee, i agree i am in isolation right now. its given me tell to reflect on my pass and things i have done good and bad. I have repented as well but the thing is after you have had that time are you going to continue too go down that same path of destruction or are you to make changes to better yourself? yes its been hard because it gets lonely , during my isolation i found i had to give up somethings in my life that i felt was making me happy but for real it was just cover up somethings that i did not want to really deal with and at the end of the day those things still exist. I have to stop worry about everyone else and work on me! Thanks for sharing your story. Love You! Ma'am Ylisia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ms. Ylisia! You don't know how happy I am that this post helped you. It really dawned on me recently that I need to take his advice and isolate myself.. It's not easy, but I'm sure its worth it. When we're so busy ripping and running, living without thinking, we do allot of things off impulse, or spare of the moment without thinking how it affects our loved ones, ourselves, or our future. Sometimes "sorry" just won't cut it. You're not alone..I regret ALLOT of things that I've said and done..but mistakes don't make you a bad person. Allowing mistakes to turn into habitual habits--without wanting to change, or seeking help, is a different story. Change never comes over night..it comes with repenting to God (no matter if its for the 79th time..He forgives because He is the epitome of truth & love) and a solid action plan for improvement going forward.

    These posts aren't to "preach"..because I, for one, will be the first to say I'm not perfect. I'm using this blog to not only speak to MYSELF, but also in hope that the things that I choose to share, will help the next individual.

    I love you Mama Lisa.

    Keep Holding Your Head HIGH. You have no choice but to WIN. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts