An Eye For An Eye

I listened to my Auntie speak last night and she kept my attention from the beginning, to the end. We're allot alike; we put family first, we are BOLD, outspoken and will put you in place as soon as we sit fit, effortlessly.  But she spoke on revenge yesterday. It's normal that when someone hurts you (friends, family, co-worker, etc.), that you naturally want to harm them--cause the same pain that they caused you. I'm guilty of this. Although I may not act on it with each occurrence--I definitely think about it. The way that she delivered the message was so REAL. She was transparent, revealing what she deals with and what she needs to work on. I connected with the message like none other.

She  Spoke On Romans 12:19 specifically.
When I looked it up, I decided to post all five of the following verses.

Romans 12:17-21 (New International Version, ©2010)


 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
   “If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
   if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[b]
 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

We can't do God's job for him. He See's when we are wronged, even if no one else sees it. It's better to let that person know that you were offended and get it off of your chest. Because if you don't, you're allowing anger to build up..and that's a fury that isn't to be reckoned with. Let God do his job...and don't laugh when you see Him teaching that person a lesson--stay quiet and watch him work.

It's  just not worth it to put so much energy into getting even with people. Nothing goes up, without coming back down.

Love You Aunt D!

Comments

Popular Posts