Reviewing My Portfolio

Whatever your passion
 is, go forth in full speed and don't stop. Don't worry about the costs of anything, just put your best foot forward and work fervently within your field of talents. It seems so cliche, or so fickle, but you should never lose sight of your dreams. Now, I know this is an open site, so I won't drop all of my plans or goals.. but I just wanted to share something with you all. I was looking back over things I've written in the past, different publications, awards, etc. etc. What I gathered was the strong grip on reality I held at such a young age. I have a few pieces in books...one in a magazine and a few in newspapers. The one I stared at the longest was the one below, titled as VULTURES. I write from experience, on what I witness, something that I learned from another--or simply something I'm trying to prevent/avoid. All in all, I write to encourage, provoke thoughts, and promote change. The poem below...you'll probably read it and think, "what the heck is she talking about?" My style of writing can fluctuate from time to time--it's based off of what I'm feeling at the time. The poem below that you'll find, within the Creative Arts Section, is a combination of direct facts/metaphors. It was written, back when I was a Freshman in College at Central State University; Majoring in Broadcast Journalism.... Take a look

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:mtIrt8r-X2kJ:goldtorchnews.com/covers/092105GoldTorch.pdf+sheena+benson+columbus,+ohio&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShbRfQFWzL72bOR7O1TCfIYa5ZIvmuffcBxFh-fqCR5hqCmNmVRmc-kGjrrQGirTXwx-iCoJOP3c_YgDC498w3Z3qwsoEte0xKfIZwbp--BFigO_71auXcB07qlvW7id9xR3Zlg&sig=AHIEtbR6pvb4XOrVzdeSD5Kz9wxArOd7dA


You know what your dreams have always been....don't allow the next person with a similar dream deter you from excelling. Everyone has different goals, different ways to attain each one. Just don't give up... quitting anything is such a sucker move. Stay encouraged, stay focused & motivated. Be determined to surpass the pre-set statistics of society, and be more than a  number.


Not sure of where the word vomit came from...lol, sorry. I guess I was listing all of my accomplishments and reviewing goals that I'd set previously and realized I'd placed them on hold.. For what?? I'm not sure.. My point was to motivate the importance of being DILIGENT in chasing your dreams. Stop trying to update everyone while you're doing it too--you're giving them a heads up to arrange a pothole for you (stop & hug a hater) . :-). And simply tell them to stay tuned. The Best Is YET To Come...

Be Blessed
Stay Encouraged
Strive To Be MORE
Average Is For Suckers
Exceed Expectations
I'm Out
-
S.B.
2010

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts